Friday, January 30, 2009

It's just another day peeps


Some artists have the uncanny ability to ferret out truths from our cruel and ironic world with  just a few simple words, Shawn Wolfe and Kurt Vonnegut (rip) come to mind. Headlines or the "random" grouping of headlines often offers another vantage point into the irony of human toils.

Today I was struck when I read the top two headlines (above) on the Yahoo front page.
Economy shrinks 3.8 percent: biggest drop in almost 27 years
Exxon Mobil breaks it's own record with $45.2 billion in profit
This quote from Kurt Vonnegut came right to mind "nothing makes billionaires of millionaires like war and economic depression". I then walked to my kitchen to see an art piece from Shawn Wolfe that made me smile in light of my prior thoughts. It's a carved sign that reads "I'm Nauseously Optimistic".

Starring into the abyss and thinking "you know what sounds good, a BLT with extra mayo and a deep tongue kiss from a mildly drunk plus size model".

Let's French!
Hairy McSpecies